Terms and Conditions
- Parents’ Guide
The following pages are designed to provide parents and guardians with information about Classhockey’s Safeguarding policies, our terms and conditions and other general information about our camps.
- Safety Policy
Your child’s safety and security are given the highest priority on all of our camps. Children are supervised at all times including break and lunch times. The pick-up and drop-off procedures are strictly followed because they have been designed with your child’s safety as paramount. Your child will be asked to sign a register on arrival. Classhockey Camps will always have a first-aid trained member of staff on site.
- Medical information
Please tell us at the time of booking if there is anything we need to know about your child’s health (including any medical, physical or behavioural issues) and inform us of any activities your child may not be able to take part in. It is also essential that we know if they have any health challenges such as allergies, diabetes or epilepsy. All information given will be kept completely confidential.
- Anaphylaxis and Epi-pens
Classhockey must be made aware if there is a child suffering from any allergies and carries an Epi-pen. We must be given written permission from the parent allowing us to administer treatment in an emergency. Children must bring their own Epi-pen with them. After injection we will always call 999 – even if the child recovers they will still need to be checked by medical staff. Following any such incident we will always inform the parent/carer.
- Emergency Medical Treatment
In some cases we may need you to complete additional forms and provide further information. When signing your child up onto our camp you understand and accept that a first-aid trained member of the team may administer medical treatment or seek emergency medical advice should they need to. Parent/carers will be informed immediately in the event that emergency medical treatment or advice is required.
- Food – Lunch and Snacks
Camp attendees are required to bring a packed lunch with them containing sufficient food and snacks to meet their dietary and energy requirements for the day / half-day.
Participation in sport and activity, especially during warm months, means that there is a higher risk of dehydration. Children and coaches will need to drink more than they would normally. Drinks and snacks should be provided by parents for children throughout the day. Camp attendees should have a refillable water bottle with them and they will take it to the pitch with them and use it during breaks. Regular water breaks will be scheduled by staff based on the weather conditions. The hotter it is the more breaks will be scheduled and if children require or request extra water breaks they will be allowed to take them.
- Hot Weather Policy
Children will not be exposed to excessive periods in the sun. However, bearing in mind that these camps take place outdoors, children will be exposed, to some degree, to the sun. Accordingly parents (and camp attendees) should take reasonable precautions to ensure that the effect of the sun is limited e.g. appropriate clothing, regularly applying sun cream and staying in the shade during drinks breaks. Staff will not apply sun cream under any circumstance but they will encourage children to apply it themselves at appropriate points in the day.
- Mouthguards and Shinpads
Mouthguards and Shinpads must be worn at all times during training and match play.
When signing up to a Classhockey camp you will be asked permission for your child to be photographed and/or videoed for promotional material and to aid player development. You have the right to refuse such permission.
- Booking and Payment Policy
Responsibility for all booking details lies with the parents when making the initial booking. Classhockey reserves the right to cancel or amend courses in exceptional circumstances. Payment for any course or camp with Classhockey must be made online via our website at the time of booking.
- Cancellation Policy
You may cancel for any reason up to 4 weeks in advance of the starting date of your camp booking in order to receive a refund minus a 10% administrative charge. In the event that we are forced to cancel any camps due to bad weather or coach illness we will refund your money in full.
- Cancellation due to Illness or Injury
During the camp or within 4 weeks of the start date of a camp, if your child is unable to attend due to illness or injury (where such illness or injury is validated by a doctor’s note) will refund in full less the days already attended, minus a 10% administrative charge. If no doctor’s note can be given then we are unable to provide a refund.
For the avoidance of doubt Classhockey’s individual coaches are personally insured through England Hockey. For more information please see the following link:
Classhockey are further insured for residential courses. For more information please contact us.
- Complaints Procedure
Classhockey is committed to ensuring your child has an outstanding experience on our camps. If you are not satisfied with the service we provide, then we want to know. If your child is still at the camp we can almost always resolve any problem. If we hear of a problem after the camp we will take great care to look into the matter but are unable to provide compensation. Please talk to a member of the coaching team promptly if you have any concerns. Your complaint will be taken very seriously and dealt with swiftly.
- Data Protection
Class Hockey (CH) Data Protection Policy (April 2018)
In order for CH to carry out its work they must collect and process personal data (as defined below) relating to its players, parents/guardians and coaches. CH takes the confidentiality of all personal data very seriously and takes all reasonable steps to comply with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is our objective to only collect personal data that is necessary to meet and deliver our coaching service to the highest quality and to retain that information no longer than is necessary.
We are the data controller, responsible for the processing and management of any personal data you share with us. Questions, comments and requests regarding this Data Protection Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data: Any information that relates to an individual who can be identified from that information, whether directly or indirectly.
Processing: Any operation performed on personal data, including collecting, using, storing, amending, disclosing or destroying it.
- This policy will apply to information regardless of the way it is collected, used, recorded, stored and destroyed, irrespective of whether it is held in paper files or electronically
- All coaches and administrators involved in collecting, processing and disclosure of personal data will be aware of their duties and responsibilities by adhering to these guidelines
- CH will keep personal data up to date: by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting and retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and by ensuring the appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data
Data Protection Principles
CH processes personal data in accordance with the following data protection principles:
- CH collects personal data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, and data is not then processed in a manner which is incompatible with those purposes
- Personal data processed by CH is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
- CH takes all reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal data is rectified or deleted without delay
- CH keeps personal data for no longer than is necessary
- CH adopts appropriate measures to make sure that personal data is secure, and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
What information we collect
– Players: Name, Parents/guardians email, School Year, Playing position, Existing club, School, Medical history/conditions, Photos and recordings, Emergency contact details of parent/guardian.
– Coaches: Name, Address, Contact numbers, Email, Emergency contact details, Photos and Recordings, DBS details.
How long do we keep your personal information?
- We will hold your personal data on our system for a minimum of six months and a maximum of twelve months with the exception of our mailing list (MailChimp). You can unsubscribe to MailChimp at any point by either emailing us at email@example.com or by unsubscribing directly at the bottom of an email
- When we no longer need your personal data it will only be retained in order to comply with future legal obligations such as compliance with tax requirements, and the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- We will securely destroy all personal data and financial information once we no longer need it
Sharing Personal Data
- CH will never sell your personal data
- All personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the CH team where appropriate
- We never share your information with any third parties for their own marketing purposes. We use third party sites for communication (MailChimp) and to facilitate our booking system (Picatic). Any details collected by either of these third parties is done so securely, never sold on and more information can be found here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/ and https://www.picatic.com/p/privacy-policy
Personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- To share where appropriate with the coaching team to ensure best practise and safety of the players and coaches (i.e. medical information)
- To enable us to contact you in the case of a medical emergency or to discuss your booking
- Disclosure and Barring Service checks where appropriate
- To communicate with you regard to news, events and activities at CH
- To use on promotional material (CH website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- To aid player development and maximise their improvements
- To manage our own accounts and records
Protecting your personal data
We have implemented generally acceptable standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
You will be notified promptly in the case of any breach of personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
No financial information (bank details, credit card information etc.) are held by us this information is held securely by our payment facilitators.
We may ask for your bank account details in order to process any refunds you may have requested. We will endeavour not to keep any emails from you containing your bank details any longer than necessary.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights in respect of your personal data:
- To access your personal data held by CH
- To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed by CH
- To have your personal data corrected by CH
- To have your personal data erased in certain circumstances by CH
- To object or restrict how your personal data is processed by CH
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk
Review of Policy
- We reserve the right to amend this Data Protection Policy from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check our website www.classhockey.com regularly for any amendments.
If you wish to find out more information or have a question regarding the content within this guide please do not hesitate to contact us. We also value any feedback on our classes and coaches that you wish to give us. Our service is constantly being reviewed and improved and if you have any suggestions on how we can better provide you with the sports coaching you require pleased contact us on the email address below.